By Marcial Bonifacio
Note: The economic accomplishments are pre-COVID-19, and would be potentially more laudable otherwise. However, given only four years of public service compared to Joe Biden’s nearly fifty years of public service, Donald Trump has proven to be more effective. Consider the following:
- Almost 4 million jobs were created since Trump’s election.
- More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in history.
- New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low. Black, Hispanic, and Asian unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded. Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years. Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century. Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.
- Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.
- Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.
- United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.
- Trump supported legislation to open ANWR (Arctic National Wildlife Refuge) and approve Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines in order to keep energy prices low while creating more jobs.
- Trump signed Right-To-Try legislation, which permits terminally ill patients to consume newly developed drugs, hence bypassing the lengthy process of FDA approval.
- Trump signed the VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, which expanded tele-health services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care for veterans.
- Trump signed the First Step Act, which reforms the criminal/prison system shortening the sentences of qualified, non-violent drug offenders.
- Trump signed legislation imposing tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and chronically abusive trade practices.
- Quds Force commander Qasem Soleimani (the second most powerful person in Iran) and ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi were assassinated and the caliphate defeated under the Trump administration.
- Trump has established a new branch of the military called the Space Force, which is engineered to weaponize space and to preclude China and Russia’s acquisition.
- NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.
- Trump has nominated three justices to the Supreme Court, who will interpret laws in conformity to the U.S. Constitution and not legislate from the bench.